Long Pose Class
The Long Pose is our main Drawing and Painting Program. We believe that studying the figure is the best way to learn drawing and painting. Great for beginners and advanced alike.
In this six-week, once-a-week, class, attendees can learn and master the in and outs of the Classical Atelier method. Take this class as a once off Drawing Workshop or as a Mini Atelier Program.
The Mini Atelier Program
How It Works:
Everyone starts out drawing.
This is the keystone to the Atelier method.
The Basic Program lasts about two years, taken consecutively. Students in the program take multiple of these six week courses in order to progress from beginner (with graphite pencils) to advanced (with oil painting).
Depending on each student the program can be adjusted depending on their level, progress, and personal goals. This can be discussed in person with Terra & Maurilio.
The Basic Program:
Each project is 6 weeks of study, 3 hours each week.
- 3 Graphite Figures, the 3rd with white chalk.
- 2 Charcoal Figures.
- 1 Sepia Figure along with anatomy studies.
- 2 Grisaille Oil Paintings
- 2 Limited Palette Color Oil Paintings
- 1 Expanded Palette Oil Painting
The Long Pose Is Ideal For
- Absolute beginners and advanced artists alike.
- Artists who want to gain control over their drawing and painting skills.
- Artist interested in anatomy and depicting the human figure.
- Artists who want to learn the step-by-step Atelier approach to drawing and painting from life.
This class is beginner friendly, if this is your first long figure pose at MFAS, we HIGHLY recommend you take advantage of our Novice Bundle Discount (50% off the Long Pose by taking our beginner Prep Class).
Taking the Prep Class before your very first long pose will make a huge difference in the success of your first long pose drawing and experience.
Age 18+, this is an adult only art class.