FAQs and Studio Policy
Please make sure to read our Terms and Conditions before purchasing our classes.
- 1 FAQs and Studio Policy
- 1.1 Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1.1.1 I am a total beginner. What class should I take?
- 1.1.2 I am having trouble finding your Studio. Where are you located?
- 1.1.3 How do I get on the waiting list?
- 1.1.4 What materials do I need to bring to Open Figure?
- 1.1.5 I’m enrolled in a Workshop not listed in the Supply Lists , what materials should I bring?
- 1.1.6 I want to buy a class as a gift for a friend/loved one, how do I do that?
- 1.2 Studio Policy
- 1.2.1 Tickets
- 1.2.2 Waiting List
- 1.2.3 Privacy
- 1.2.4 Class Minimum Required Enrollment
- 1.2.5 Illness
- 1.2.6 Missing a Day in Studio Class
- 1.2.7 Withdrawing/Canceling from Open Figure, Workshops, or Long Pose Figure
- 1.2.8 Class or Event Cancellations Made by The Missoula Fine Art Studio
- 1.2.9 Children/Teens
- 1.2.10 Classroom Attire
- 1.2.11 Lost Items
- 1.2.12 Punctuality
- 1.2.13 Focus In the Figure Room and With Models
- 1.1 Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions.
I am a total beginner. What class should I take?
We suggest starting out with the Prep Class and Open Figure!
I am having trouble finding your Studio. Where are you located?
Our address is on Defoe but our front door is on Hawthorne St., across from the Clay Studio. We have a black sign out front.
How do I get on the waiting list?
If there are no tickets left for a class, please send us your name and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you of any spot openings or other classes that may open up.
What materials do I need to bring to Open Figure?
I’m enrolled in a Workshop not listed in the Supply Lists , what materials should I bring?
I want to buy a class as a gift for a friend/loved one, how do I do that?
Please print your tickets or show us the ticket on your cellphone or tablet to show at the door before class.
Registering For Classes: You are encouraged to register well in advance, to ensure your spot and to ensure that the class will run with the sufficient number of students. All class sizes are limited.
- Long Pose: Priority is given to students currently registered for the Long Pose Figure class when registering for course immediately following. Then the class will be open to the public for general enrollment. Instructed and Uninstructed options are available. Lastly, any remaining spaces are open to drop-in students for an uninstructed session for $18. This reserves your easel for one session only, not for the entire 6 weeks. Please check the studio website events to see if there are any of these spots available each week.
- Open Figure: Registration works on a first come first serve basis. Please check online if the course is nude or not and make sure the class is right for you. We recommend booking your easel ahead of time online to secure your spot.
Workshops:Registration works on a first come first serve basis. We recommend making a reservation well ahead of time to secure your spot.
- Walk-ins (Paying in Cash): Both Open Figure and Long Pose Figure have Walk-Ins available. In this option you can just show up and see if there are any empty spots left and pay with cash or from your phone. Please note that your spot is not reserved. To secure your easel we recommend booking online ahead of time.
If there isn’t a space for you immediately, we can put your name on a waiting list and will contact you if another student forfeits their spot or should another class open.
The Missoula Fine Art Studio respects your privacy, and considers the responsible use of personal information. We will not share your personal information with other entities.
Class Minimum Required Enrollment
Classes are subject to cancellation if an inadequate number of students register. In this event, any tuition paid will be promptly refunded with notice of cancellation.The studio reserves the right to cancel a class up to 2 days prior to the start of the class, if there is insufficient enrollment. In this case, the studio will issue a full refund to all those students who have registered. Class cancellation will be announced to each student by email.
- Long Pose Minimum: 5 students
- Open Figure drawing: 3 students
- Workshops: 5 students
Please do not come in to class if you have the flu or a cold, it will be much appreciated!
Missing a Day in Studio Class
Refunds/credits or make-ups are not offered for missed classes for any reason.
Withdrawing/Canceling from Open Figure, Workshops, or Long Pose Figure
- Long Pose and Workshops: FULL refunds are available up to one week prior to the start of class. Between one week and 48 hours before class starts a 50% refund is available, and lastly any cancellations made after the 48 hour mark will not be refunded or credited.
- Open Figure. Cancellations up to 1 day prior to class will receive a FULL refund. Cancellations made between 1 day and 6 hours prior to the start of class will receive a 50% refund. Lastly all cancellations made after the 6 hour mark will not be refunded.
- Unsatisfied Customer Refund: Student will receive a FULL refund if they are not satisfied and choose to withdraw immediately on the first day of class (same day). No refunds will be issued after that date.
Class or Event Cancellations Made by The Missoula Fine Art Studio
If an instructor becomes ill or is unable to teach class or lead an event on a particular day, students will be notified via email and a credit will be issued to the student’s account OR a make up class on another day will be provided.
In the event of inclement weather, the studio may adjust opening/closing times or close the studio entirely to avoid putting you in an unsafe situation. In general, we follow the Missoula school district guidelines. If they’ve announced that their schools will be closed, our classes will be canceled as well. If the closure is uncertain, you should call the studio (703.906.2967) to confirm class prior to coming in. You should also check our website for news. Class credit OR a make up class will be issued.
All classes containing nudity may not be attended by anyone under the age of 18. For our non-nude classes the minimum age limit is 15. Please check each class’s description and age requirements before registering. For students under 18 we ask to have the parent’s contact information in case of emergencies.
Missoula Fine Art Studio is not responsible for damaged clothing. You’ll want to be sure to dress appropriately for working in an artistic environment. The studio is full of many materials which students may come in contact with even when they are not using them in their own class. Students will most likely get a little messy and some of the media we work with may stain. Old clothes are the best!
Missoula Fine Art Studio is not responsible for any lost items.
Please arrive at the studio a few minutes before class. Late arrivals cause distraction and reduce the 1:1 time instructors have with each student. Once the model is posing the curtain will be CLOSED. You must wait outside the curtain until there is a model break to enter the figure room.
Focus In the Figure Room and With Models
Respectful behavior is expected at all times. A student, who proves to be continual distractions in the class, after repeated attempts by the instructor to refocus them, will be dismissed from the class. Studio refund will be offered, however with a 50% fee.
Our models are the most important part of our studio. We value their time and effort and ask our students to do the same. Please note, students may not take photographs of the models without prior consent.